Saturday, November 06, 2004

I withdraw my prior wish

The Post Techie Conservative

On Nov. 3, I said something to the effect of wanting the Dems to reinvent themselves. I wanted this so that our country could grow stonger through rational opposing dialog. I no longer think that is anywhere near likely to happen in the next 4 years.
I saw two random Dems on TV. One Dem (I think he was a govenor) said that the Dems needed to get out the message that they believe in family values also becuase after school programs for children of single moms is family values... The other Dem (some lady who helped get the women's vote for the Clinton campaign) refused to concede that some American women might actually want fiscally sound, socially stable, conservative values to be supported in Washington.
What I have changed my wish to is that the DNC will completely marginalize itself. Then the RNC will split, possibly into small governmnet is most important vs. some other likely conservative value is most important. The two conservative sides will hopefully work together better than the RNC and DNC do, yet still differ enough to be a balance on each other.

No comments: