Thursday, November 18, 2004

Does this infuriate anybody else?

This really makes me angry. Will the Democrats please crawl into a ditch and die so we can get a real opposition party? When the only real opposition to George Bush's fiscal policy is "stop cutting taxes so we can pay our bills" instead of "quit spending money on stupid education bills and giving old people and stupid people free crap" it makes me want to slap someone.
The other day I was watching CSpan and some idiot Democrat rep. was giving his schpiel on how Bush's fiscal policy was rendering SocSec insolvent. I wanted to put my fist through his face on tv. "I THOUGHT SOCSEC WAS AN INSURANCE POLICY! THAT MEANS YOU DON'T SPEND THE MONEY, YOU INVEST IT, YOU FATHEADED IDIOT! AND 'INVESTING' IS NOT GIVING IT AWAY FOR FREE SCHOOL LUNCHES!"
Sorry for all caps. Some venting is needed, especially when my OWN party is incapable of combating such moronic programs because they don't want to scare away old people. I just can't stand being taxed before even being born because of dictator-for-life, I mean FDR's, unconstitutional ideas.

2 comments:

vetes said...

You should be angry, it is a ridiculous premise, what these people think in regards to Social Security. It is infuriating the way that our side becomes complacent and part of the "status quo" when they make it to capitol hill, looking more for a way to "get along" and giving in to special interests instead of truly standing up for their principles.

TimDido said...

Well, I wouldn't call Social Security a welfare program. The claimants on Social Security have a legitimate claim - they paid into it. The problem is with the architect of it all. It's basically a pyramid scheme - to be a legit "insurance" program the money would be invested and create dividends. Instead, since the money that should be invested is spent, to pay out to old folks it relies on more people (young folks like me) paying in. Eventually the pyramid will collapse. And with it, 12 grand (so far) that I have paid into it.