Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Garden State Roundup

I still have very little affection for my current state of residence, but that doesn't mean there isn't interesting news around here.

Looks like Bret Schundler is running for Gov. again - I've been a fan of Bret since the last NJ election. He's a true Reagan Democrat (now Republican) who's proven he can pick up Dem votes, since he managed to get reelected by landslide margins in Jersey City as mayor - not exactly a Republican stronghold. I've heard commercials for the others but right now Bret's got the name recognition so I think he's got the best shot. More'n likely he'll face Jon Corzine.

Nasty oil spill wreaking havoc on the lower Delaware. Environmentalist wackos will have a field day, I'm sure. Accidents happen....

This article on Oppenheimer seems a bit harsh towards him. He was a good guy but I think he got a little squishy with the rest of them scientists once the Cold War started heating up.

One thing I noticed about this place is how many freakin' deer I see. I see at least 2 or 3 a week running across the road in front of me. And I always see a dead one by the side of the road every week. From what I hear, it's the number one cause of accidents here. So, what do the luminaries in Princeton do? Call for more hunting? No...they come up with a plan to catch does with nets and shoot them full of birth control. People around here have lost their minds.

No comments: