Thursday, November 25, 2004

Conservative Intellectual Snob

is what I get out of this. I get annoyed at conservatives like this - Jonah Goldberg has expressed similar sentiments at times about talk radio (Jonah likes NPR too). I think this guy doesn't get that talk radio began as an alternative to big left media and is still that because big left media is still around. What would render Rush irrelevant is a centrist news media and that ain't gonna happen when Ivy League snotnose liberal college journalism grads keep getting jobs at CBS so they can "make a difference" as journalists. I also think the internet is making talk radio less relevant, although the radio guys are adapting. Anyway, most heartland people I know could care less about "higher culture", do it, if it's your thing. To me, a culture fetish is just an excuse to make yourself feel superior, but that's just me.

Although I do agree with his take on pop radio. But all you have to do is turn it off and listen to what you want. If there's a market for it, it'll be on the air. I guess there's just not a market for snobs like him so he has to rely on my tax dollars to fund his daily dose of cultural superiority. I better actually start listening to NPR though so I can better attack arguments like this. My stomach just gets all tied up in knots though whenever I realize that my forcibly removed resources are funding tripe like NPR and PBS.

Finally - Rush, Sean, Hugh, Laura, etc. ARE great men (and women)....thank them for GW Bush's reelection. NRO and the other snobs in DC and NYC do their thing to translate conservatism to liberals but these guys deserve the credit.

No comments: