Saturday, November 13, 2004

Moonbat nonsense

War leaves every child behind?, link is just because I can. I actually saw one of these signs on the corner at UNM (compete with a couple older gentlemen/hippies). The two guys also had a sign which read, "Honk if you like peace." I of course did not honk, as I realized that what their sign really meant is "Honk if you like peace and think George W. Bush eats babies." I thought I would offer some discourse on "War leaves every child behind."
Did WWII leave all the jewish children, who are now not dead, behind? What about the Iraqi children who now have a chance to grow up in a free country? What about those young Iraqi soccer players who can now hope to make the national team without worrying about their family being tortured if they loose a game? What about the young Iraqi girls who can now hope to go to college?
What an inelegant way to slander Bush. Take a noble sentiment of Bush's, "No child left behind" and twist it. Twist the sentiment in a false and illogical way no less. Kind of makes me sick to my stomach.

1 comment:

vetes said...

It is sick, and the worst of it is that people like that don't even think about what you brought up. Even if one was to confront them with reality, they would brush it off. They see themselves as doing everything for the "greater good" and any contrary argument, logic, falls on deaf ears. Sad, pathetic, that's what I think of this.