Thursday, November 04, 2004

Ain't it fun...

...to witness the collective meltdown of hardcore liberals all around the country? I would ignore it but it's hard to considering that since the mainstream media no longer has anyone to actively support they have settled into group therapy, wallowing in self pity. I glanced at the monitor showing CNN this afternoon at the gym and I happened to catch a "story" about distraught democrats from Manhattan to San Francisco complete with crying. I would feel sorry if not for the fact that many of these people should feel shame.

Of course, there are those that couldn't even give it a little time before continuing the rhetoric. "The election results reflect the decision of the right wing to cultivate and exploit ignorance in the citizenry", "Bush is a very simple man. You may think that makes him a bad president, as I do", "Now that the election's over, can the president admit his mistakes?". Those are just a few examples from Slate. There are plenty more on that site and many others.

Last week I saw the video for the new eminem song, mosh. I was angry.


To the people up top, on the side and the middle,
Come together, let's all bomb and swamp just a little
Just let it gradually build, from the front to the back
All you can see is a sea of people, some white and some black
Don't matter what color, all that matters is we gathered together

...
f*** Bush...


It was terrible. How could the level of discourse sink so low? Of course, eminem is nothing but a punk, a loser so it shouldn't matter but it was still disturbing. It was released about a week prior to the election and the end includes a reminder to vote, on November 2nd. Part of the reason why I bring this up is that I saw this video playing on MTV2. I watched it for a moment, this time with a smile on my face. It seemed small and pathetic, silly to be playing it now.

1 comment:

Erick said...

Thanks for starting the Blog, it's probably better than all the e-mails.

Erick