Thursday, May 26, 2005

O How the Mighty Have Fallen

I'm a Jeopardy! addict, so I watched the fascinating slaughter of Ken Jennings over the past three days by Brad Rutter. It wasn't even close. It seems to me that Ken was a little rusty, which may have had something to do with it, but Brad was just quicker on the button in general. Ken's strategy was (and is) extremely conservative so he'd never go out on a limb unless it was a low dollar question. Brad seemed to take advantage of this, something that none of the contestants that Ken mowed down during his run seemed to do. Kudos to Brad, who by the way is from Lancaster, PA so he's somewhat of an area celeb now.

2 comments:

Engicon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Engicon said...

Wish I'd been watching, maybe I can find the episodes on bittorrent. It was rather fair of Jeopardy to pony up $2 million for the top prize. Now it's harder for other past champions to complain about how they could have been millionaires.

The removed comment is just because I wanted to correct a spelling error. I'm not sure if it's possible to edit comments... I didn't really look very hard for a way.