Monday, May 23, 2005

Interesting

Intel may provide chips for Apple computers. This guy thinks the technical hurdles are too high for Apple to justify jumping ship just yet. I hope that Intel can get a bit more business to help out my former colleagues though, they really need that stock price to go up.

I was a bit perturbed that I wasn't aware that Motorola's chip unit had separated, and while I was still working in the chip industry. I guess my nose was pressed so hard to the grindstone that even important business news was flying past me.

2 comments:

Engicon said...

It kind of snuck up on me too. I went looking for an IC datasheet on Motorola's website and found out that IC's weren't even from part of the same company anymore. After being annoyed at the (to me) unhearlded change, I decided it was a good thing at least in the sense that now I don't have to wade through cell phone press releases (or whatever) when I want the specs for an op amp.

vetes said...

Yeah, my IBM stock really needs this not to happen...