Friday, May 20, 2005

My Favorite Subject?

Or just the thing that's been bugging me the most lately? Often, there's nothing better than the apt words of a fine writer bothered by the same. The latest from WFB (isn't NRO great for their collection of legendary initials?) starts with this gem;
Really, you would think the Republicans had proposed to rape the Statue of Liberty. The brummagem moral fanfare imposed on the controversy reminds one of the desperation with which losers will attempt to cope with disappointment at the polls.
It's amazing how long this has gone on and I'm sure that most who punish themselves by giving time to my thoughts have heard enough of my fears regarding weak knees on the side that needs to get something done, it feels good to not be alone;
...the Republican senators tend to dissipate their authority by hesitating to use it. That hesitation, after a while, comes over not as deliberation, but as irresolution.
To say that these words from a master make me giddy is more than an understatement. If only I had the eloquence and clarity to organize my thoughts in the same manner.

1 comment:

TimDido said...

Yeah dude, like I've been telling my lib friends - elections have consequences. If they don't, then why have a representative government at all? Of course, they hate representative government anyway because they know they can't get anything enacted that way.