Thursday, December 01, 2005

Anyone else find this silly?

Ah, the good 'ol AP, always good for added fluff... Anyway I was reading this release about President Bush being summoned for jury duty in Texas and how he was unlikely to serve, hard hitting stuff there. But that's not what I refer to. The last paragraph is as follows:
Although Bush won't serve this time, his Democratic rival in the 2004 election served on a Massachusetts jury last month. Kerry not only served, but was elected foreman of the Suffolk Superior Court jury, which rejected a claim by two men who sued the city of Boston for injuries suffered in a car accident involving a school principal.
Wow, John Kerry won an election in November! I know, silly of me even to bring it up but I can't help but imagine the writer glancing devotingly at a picture of Kerry lit by candlelight next to their desk...

1 comment:

LtCarp said...

Ya beat me to it :-) Basically the media HAS to throw in a Kerry comparison. Gee, he's gonna serve in a jury hence he's a better man than Bush *rolls eyes*

By the way, I think the NFL has gone OVERBOARD with the whole TO case. I'm not the biggest T.O. fan out there, but my goodness, the NFL has TOTALLY turned to the boring side since it seems like if you raise your hand in the air for a celebatory touchdown, you'll get banned for life.

So T.O. thinks Favre is better. So what? Maybe that'll make McNabb play better. Trash talking IS good sometimes ya know?