Sunday, September 04, 2005

Germany Bound

The US National Team defeated Mexico 2-0 last night to become the first North American team, and the eighth overall team, to qualify for the World Cup Finals in Germany. This victory is all the sweeter because it came at the expense of Mexico, who most consider the top team of the region - and who also have yet to qualify (although they will probably do so quite easily next game). Kudos to Kasey Keller, Claudio Reyna, and Oguchi Onyewu, who had the best performances of the game in my opinion. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a final four spot for the US next year!

Check out what the Mexican coach said:
“The U.S. is a small team,” he said. “They play like my sister, my aunt and my grandmother.”
Talk about a sore loser! I hope we meet them in the World Cup again, so we can knock them out - just like in 2002.

No comments: