Sunday, January 15, 2006

Does Anybody Else...

find the recent leftward shift in Latin America troubling? I'm hoping our the recent signing of CAFTA helps central America become (or remain, if it already is) right leaning and our allies. NAFTA certainly has helped out a lot - I can't begin to tell you how cool it is to see so many things "Hecho en Mexico" - and Vicente Fox is a Bush ally, or at least seems to be a leftist enemy.
Update: Now, this is even more frightening: a Venezuela-Iran alliance? Yikes. I think it's almost time for a 'regime change' in Tehran, get the bombers ready...

2 comments:

LtCarp said...

almost doesn't surprise me now that Chile is on board. What does that make now? A lot of the Caribbean, Venezuela, Bolivia, now Chile. I'd almost want to say Mexico to now that every now and then Fox would say something outrageous.

One thing for certain. All of them are against how Americans are "forcing" immigrants to work the sh*t jobs. That's their main fodder.

TimDido said...

Don't forget Brazil. That Lula guy is a total wack job (although not as wacked as Chavez).

I think a lot of the central American countries are still cool with us - El Salvador and Honduras, I believe, both sent troops to Iraq. Nicaragua kicked out Ortega and the Sandinistas in 1990, vindicating Reagan.