Thursday, January 12, 2006

Biden: Scrap Hearings and Go Straight to Floor for Vote

As reported by ABC News. Here's his reason:
"Just go to the Senate floor and debate the nominee's statements," the Delaware senator said, "instead of this game."
Translation:
These jurists that I'm supposed to vilify in order to please the far-left groups that elect me are too damn smart and just make me look like an ass. It's easier for me to distort their statements and assassinate their character when they can't defend themselves.
I've been picking on Biden a lot lately, but he deserves it.

Update: At least he admits it. Peggy Noonan actually finds his meandering train of thought endearing. Well, he's certainly amusing.

3 comments:

Muztan said...

Peggy can still satisfy my pining for jocular political commentary every so often:

"When Mr. Biden says things like, "Try to follow me, Judge Alito," as he goes on one of his long, sterile journeys, I wonder if Judge Alito has to control himself with an act of will."

"They[Alito & White House] know the senators are, by nature, like Conair 2000 hairdryers: They just love to blow, and hard. Fwwaaaaahhhhhhhhh."

LtCarp said...

instead of this game huh? Biden wants debates on the Senate floor? Dude, we CAN if you and your cronies stop filibustering nominees - which results in no debates whatsoever!!! Did this country already forget about that?

LtCarp said...

you don't vote out someone for their political views. Just their interpretation of the law. There IS a difference