Thursday, July 21, 2005

Straight Talkin Aussie

My only regret is that I missed the live video of this exchange. The Anglosphere alliance is strong, alive, and well. Terrorists can cow countries like Spain but not us tough ol' Anglospheric countries - although maybe they can scare Canada, with all dem Canadian Frogs. Here's a piece:
Can I just say very directly, Paul, on the issue of the policies of my government and indeed the policies of the British and American governments on Iraq, that the first point of reference is that once a country allows its foreign policy to be determined by terrorism, it's given the game away, to use the vernacular. And no Australian government that I lead will ever have policies determined by terrorism or terrorist threats, and no self-respecting government of any political stripe in Australia would allow that to happen.

No comments: