Wednesday, January 26, 2005

I wonder.

Does this mean that I'm soon out of a job? Good thing I'm looking elsewhere. I've personally supervised overseas code projects but the coders were Japanese (and you can believe they were not so enthused with having Americans as their boss) but I seriously doubt this "'extinct' within the next few years" business. Here, where I work, there are some old crusty gentleman that dislodging them from their ergonomic chairs would require the force of the Sun's gravitational pull from a hundred miles away. Not only that, but there are so many programmers and India is only a little more popular than California as a place to relocate. I think it's just another example of someone talking about something they know nothing about in order to paint a bleak story. Bad news sells, right?

No comments: