Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Poll madness

This is something that I just couldn't let go without saying something. At the end of the election I was tired. I was sick of hearing about it. I was sick of people talking about it. It seemed as though every talking head on the news thought they were exclusively tuned into the public psyche. The most obnoxious of the offenders were the pollsters. I couldn't go twenty minutes in September and October without hearing about how Zogby was the closest in 2000. His interviews were swallowed by the interviewer as if his words were gospel. This was in spite of the fact that what he said seemed to change daily.

Anyway, to make an actual point, I was an annoyed Steve by the time the election finally came to. And I was more than relieved, and of course happy, when it was over. A big cause of my headache were the endless polls. That's why I had to bring up the complete waste that I linked above. The beginning tells the reader all that they need to know; "It seems that even Republican respondents to a Zogby poll understood that being Republican is not the same as being kind". Ugh. "plurality of likely voters say that longtime Christmas fixture Santa Claus is a Democrat" and "Ebenezer Scrooge and the Grinch are likely Republicans".

The only thing that I get from this poll is something that I've known for ever anyway . That democrats have been very good, for a very long time, at demonizing Republicans. If Santa Claus were really a democrat, he would take half the toys of the kids who have them and then keep most of them for himself, leaving a single plastic soldier for the needy children while exploiting them and presuming their allegiance.

A tad bit oveboard you say. That's probably right, but you know what? Stupid polls like this really put me in a sour mood. Ugh.

No comments: