Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A depressing morning

I recently changed jobs and when I used to work for my now previous employer I often rode my bicycle to work. I often was lauded for being 'green' by those who just want to give mother earth a hug, even though the real reason was not to offset carbon output but nacho intake.

Anyway I wrote that to write that I happened to ride through a part of Albuquerque called "Nob Hill". A section of the city whose inhabitants like to consider themselves 'trendy' and 'hip' (I once lived in this neighborhood). I would get depressed riding everyday because in this area the Obama signs out numbered McCain's at about a 30 to 1 ratio.

Anyway, reading through the daily sites today made me more depressed, about the consequences of an Obama victory, and rationalizations that try to step away from inevitability.

Dammit, I just moved into a new tax bracket and wanted to retire eventually, also what would be wrong with helping my parents retire? Ugh. I wonder what the demand for electrical (jack of most trades) engineers in New Zealand is?

1 comment:

Erick said...

I'm worried too Steve.