Thursday, October 23, 2008

Something Positive

Of all that has transpired over this election season, the worst to me has been the open season declared on President Bush. Something I wrote about in an earlier post was self disappointment in not campaigning for John McCain. Well, there's mostly lame excuses for that with the least being my tepid, but unwavering, support. Elections are about choices, right? Anyway, in 2004 I was a very active and avid campaigner for our President. He is a person I admire and believe has served our country with honor. Perfect, no. But there is no such person. Of course there are valid criticisms however, in my opinion, he is a very good President. I know that oft referenced poll ratings may put me in the minority, whatever.

The bottom line is that President Bush does not deserve the things that are being said about him. The dishonesty and the bashing of a sitting President for political gain is despicable. This morning though, I read something that started with a look at the current political climate which started with:

President Bush’s dismal poll ratings have descended to those of Harry Truman’s when he left office

Six decades following his time in office, President Truman is highly regarded with good reason. The odds were against him and he was thought of as unready and inexperienced. His accomplishments stood out in history. I believe the same to be true of President Bush, always thinking that as history reflects on him it will be kind and just.

1 comment:

LtCarp said...

Of all that has transpired over this election season, the worst to me has been the open season declared on President Bush.

>>>Dude, to be blunt, President George W Bush is the most bashed President in the history of the United States of America. And that is a fact I would say to a liberal's face. But he will be remembered as THE President that declared we should end the Jihad that's declared on us before his watch.