Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Political Purity of Small Business

In the pages of this August, more than once nearly abandoned pseudo politically related blog I have raised certain concerns with one Jon Barela, running for congress against Martin Heinrich, defender of New Mexico and our fine union against Jon Barela. Every time that I make note of some misgiving I always caveat with the fact that I look forward to voting for Barela as I would eagerly vote for the neighbor’s Doberman before letting Heinrich go back to Washington.

It’s not that Barela’s bad, I think that he’ll be a fine congressman and vote mostly favorably it’s mostly that I just don’t think I know enough about what he really thinks and what he would actually do. I think that newcomers to the political spectrum are great and all but it is all too easy to become enthralled only to be disappointed so I go forward with cautious optimism. And, I know what Heinrich thinks and I know (via email responses) what he thinks about what I think so again, a Doberman is preferable to that Pelosi clone hack.

Anyway, with that introduction, Barela has been airing better ads lately with one nit to pick, no fault of his own. In recent ads he has been touting himself and touted as by others as a supporter of small business. This is great but in reality an effective politician should be able to favor ALL business but in this anti-business climate created by many politicians led by our community organizer in chief it is just about impossible. Small business is apparently as pure as the wind driven snow.

All business is good. The UAW does not provide jobs; they take dues from members and use those funds to support democrats. Auto companies that create vehicles that people want is what creates jobs. Often demonized, Walmart employs more than a million people, enables families to afford better amenities and is out country’s best hedge against the Chinese. Think about it, we rely on low cost Chinese goods but just as that’s true, China is just as dependent on us to buy things from them. China needs Walmart.

To the point, ALL business is good. A market based economy is the freest and most prosperous and it is a stupid and ridiculous reality that we live in when a politician cannot acknowledge this truth because of the constant demonizing that has occurred almost constantly since the industrial revolution. It’s too bad but all too understandable that Jon Barela has to use “Small Business”, and it will always be that way because politicians need distractions.

No comments: