Thursday, October 20, 2005

Reverse Psychology

I knew it! I knew if I remained pessimistic about the Astros winning the NLCS that they would actually win it! See, I let my guard down in Game 5, thinking Lidge had the game sealed up with one strike to go and began celebrating - and then Pujols (IMO the best hitter in the game right now) dashed it all to bits. Last night I remained pessimistic until the final fly ball. So finally after so many agonizing years of watching Rangers and Astros baseball, the World Series is coming to Texas. Eeeeeeexcelent.

Hero of the series: Phil Garner - he outmaneuvered one of the best in baseball (La Russa). Or maybe Chad Qualls, who pitched I don't know how many innings of perfect setup relief.

Now I get ready to watch them lose the World Series (wink, wink....)

2 comments:

vetes said...

Congratulations to the Astros on a great series win and on to what looks to be a very promising world series. Tough call though, good stories all around (example) and two very deserving teams.

Muztan said...

Does this mean we should all vote for Hillary?... :)