Saturday, March 31, 2012

Grad School is Weird - March Edition

I got my first B at midterm in graduate school so far. It was disappointing and was even more so due to the fact that this class is a complete mess. A mess in the sense that I can’t determine whether I deserve a B, or an A, or an F. And a mess in the sense that this is supposed to be a serious class on a serious subject necessary for any graduate of this program. I was looking forward to the course because I was interested in the subject and thought it would be an asset to my career ambitions. So far the professor has done nothing but read directly from the text in each class. There has only been one assignment this semester, one that was not graded and, from my February dispatch, required several emails and phone calls to the professor in order to get incredibly late feedback on before presenting to the class. This week I was unable to attend class and I sent an email to inform the professor the day before. I received no reply and later learned that they blew the class off, forgetting to bring in the book to read out of that day. Which just means that next week’s class will be extra long.

No comments: