Wednesday, May 05, 2010

The New Mexico Gubernatorial Primary

The primary election for Governor here in New Mexico is coming up soon, the first of June to be specific. Currently there are five candidates on the Republican ticket while the Lt. Governor, (read Bill Richardson’s third term) Diane Denish, is running unopposed on the democrat ticket. As I find everything done by Richardson to be indefensible and offensive I think that it is important to tie Denish to his administration. Denish’s campaign has involved attempts to separate her but I don’t think that will work. She has been the Lt. Governor for all eight years of the train wreck that this state signed itself up for by electing a narcissist like Richardson. Her public comments and actions from the last eight years have done nothing to prove Denish to be anything other than a carbon copy of the shameless, life-long politician Richardson. As such, there is nothing there for me to vote for, therefore I will be concentrating on the Republican side to determine who I would prefer to lead our state for the next four years while correcting the mistakes of the last eight.

770 AM KKOB’s Bob Clark show has been doing me a great service by hosting the nominees during the 9 O’clock hour which allows for listeners to learn about the candidates outside of their campaign materials. In this space I will list my thoughts on each candidate as they are interviewed and I go through the process of determining who I think would best serve as governor of our great state.

I listened to but did not take any notes on Pete Domenici, Jr’s interview this week as decided to start doing this today. What I can say though is that Domenici was impressive in his interview. At the start of his campaign I made the mistake of assuming that he was all name recognition, a gift from his long time senator father. I am happy to report that I was wrong and that Domenici seems to be someone well aware of the issues facing our state and capable of governing. In his interview he came off as a person of principle and with ideas that will be helpful to the future of our state. Because of this interview I move Domenici into the maybe column.

No comments: