Tuesday, November 04, 2008

surreal....

viewpoints from tonight:

---Wow, pretty historical...Interestingly and maybe this just happens to me, but when Republicans win, most of us conservatives nod, move on, and get to tasks. When liberals win, we know about it. In other words, liberals act, well, immature. It's like, yes, we know Obama won, now you rub it in? You can't get any of them to debate because they get too emotional. Probably because most of them don't know what Obama is gonna do and uneducated about policies. I took a risk, I've always said it's either Obama wins close or McCain wins close. And I'm wrong. But let's face it. Who's never wrong? No one. Obama won in a landslide due to the EV. Popular vote seems close (there's still time though), but EV-wise, yes Obama will eclipse 300. Let's just wait and see how Obama governs. Let's see if he moves to the center. Let's see how he handles terrorism. Because his past record clearly shows he's to the extreme left. I personally don't care about race. I care about what kind of policies he'll enact. With an extreme left Congress...we'll see. But bottom line, I said and now say congratulations to President Obama. Granted, it's more than likely I'll disagree with most of what he'll do, but we'll see. I just don't want to hear it from liberals - you got your President. Be mature about it. And Republicans? You only have yourself to blame. You had your chance for the last 8 years, well, really 6 years...and you didn't capitalize. May you learn your lesson.

---For me, the minute Obama won Ohio, I felt Obama was gonna win this election. The minute Obama won Virginia, all bets were off

---One thing I never understood is how networks (all of them) pick a candidate with only 1-2% of the precincts reporting and the results are like Obama 5,000 to McCain 4,000. Fox did that to Ohio tonight with 2% of precincts reporting and they went straight to Obama. They called New Mexico 1 minute after they closed. And if I remember, they called Udall and Pearce was ahead? I guess stations took their chance this year. They did this in 2000 and Florida bit them. I seriously think states should wait til they're 95% counted to declare.

---'nother thing I noticed. Democrats (well, at least Murtha and Obama) were coming out early declaring victory. I can't remember the last time candidates coming out early to declare victory already...

---Just realize this state went full Democrat. Gubernatorial, Senate, House, even the southeast NM voted Democrat...

---This election was really more anti-Bush than pro-Obama

---This is the first time the polls actually got something right in 8 years.

---Ahhh, watching all the young people get excited. I'll bet none of them know a single thing about policies

---I wonder what Israel is thinking at this moment...

---Obama: I wasn't the most likely candidate. [BS, the media set you up 2 years ago]

---Again, let's see what happens in 2009 (policies). Let's also see if he really does reach out to the other side. It'll be tough for conservatives because clearly the last 8 years the Democrats did not reach to the other side. Strength of arms is not his choice apparently. This could be another Carter term when it comes to foreign policy

2 comments:

TimDido said...

Yeah, I forgot to mention Israel. They have to be a little worried now. How will Obama react when they attack Iran's nuclear facilities?

LtCarp said...

I don't know. Perhaps bomb an aspirin factory. Mission Accomplished