Thursday, May 25, 2006

If The Red Primary Winner is McCain, I'm Staying Home in Nov '08...

From Sowell today:

"If an American citizen forges a Social Security card in order to get a job, he can be arrested. Under a provision recently passed by the Senate, illegal aliens who forged Social Security cards not only get a pass, they get to collect Social Security benefits.

The great majority of Senators who voted for that provision were Democrats, and they prevailed because they were joined by a small minority of Republicans, led by -- surprise! -- Senator John McCain. After similar defections on judges and free speech, Senator McCain may give opportunism a bad name."

2 comments:

Engicon said...

I agree in that I have no intention of voting for McCain as president (it's possible he could change my mind but I've felt this way for a while now so he's got his work cut out for him). You could always vote Libertarian (or the third party of your choice).

LtCarp said...

If I can't vote Republican, I always look to the Libertarian candidates or conservative-themed candidates. But, if a front-runner happens to be a liberal I can't stand, I might vote for the "next" guy that has the best chance of beating him, that way we WON'T have a liberal in office.

I.E. in 2000, Phillips was more conservative than Bush, but Bush had a better chance of beating Gore, hence vote Bush. In the primaries, Keyes was the most conservative, but I don't think he had any chance vs Gore....

in 2004, Peroutka was more conservative than Bush, but Bush had a better chance of beating Kerry, hence vote Bush. Basically vote for the top conservative (whether moderate or hardcore) that has the best chance of winning, that way, giving him the votes over a dirty liberal.