Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Wired’s mystical global warming equation

Apparently the writers of Wired, monks in the secular religion of anthropogenic global warming feel the need to convert all of the infidels. Unfortunately, they get a little too hung up in their own beliefs without considering how silly fear-mongering has become. Yes, climate change is real. The climate has been changing for the entirety of the Earth’s existence in one way or another. That’s a time frame commonly accepted to be about 4.54 billion years. For all the tenacity of these monks of man-made climate change there just isn’t any concrete proof.

In the June issue of Wired there is an equation that the writer presents as proof of how much CO2 is produced by humans and is wrecking the planet’s climate. Let’s take a look:


I was sitting in an airplane when I came across this and asked myself, “Self, does something look funny here?” And I replied, “Self, I do believe you are right to be suspicious.” So, using every pre-algebra student's favorite method (substituting and canceling things out) I proceeded to look more carefully:

Global CO2 emissions = GCO2
Global population = GP
Gross world product = GWP
Global energy consumption = GEC


So, the equation proves that Global CO2 emissions = Global C02 emissions. Got that? This is a perfect illustration of why many don’t take warmmongers seriously anymore. Why should the public believe in this stuff if the purveyors treat us like imbeciles? Ridiculous. I’m sure that someone out there can send me a rebuttal of like ten thousand words proving that I just don’t get it. But, I do. As Homer succinctly put it, “Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand”.

No comments: