Monday, June 12, 2006

Oy Oy Oy

Hello Australia! So I switch over to the Tivo to check out the Japan Australia game. It's just ended... ok, I'll rewind a little into stoppage time to see if anything interesting happened. Cool, I got to see Australia put the nail in the Japanese coffin (3-1). Must have been an interesting game. Wait a minute, what did the announcer just say, something about the last ten minutes? I rewind to the game to the 83rd minute and it's 0-1 Japan! You bet this was an interesting game (at least the last part). Cahill knocks one in (off a throw in) to tie the game. Then in the 88th minute Cahill drills one off the post into the net, beautiful. Just under two minutes into stoppage, Aloisi gets that third point. I believe this is Australia's first World Cup game in 32 years.

No comments: