Saturday, March 26, 2011

Thank you Mr. Edison

Tonight I plan to honor one of the most prolific inventors of modern times, Thomas Alva Edison by lighting my home with perhaps his most important invention, the light bulb. What will differentiate tonight, between the hours of 8:30 and 9:30 PM, from every other night is that I will not only light the parts of my home that are occupied, I will turn on every light I own.

I was inspired in my tribute by the fake WWF’s “Earth Hour”. As notice of conflict, I am predisposed to dislike the WWF because they were able to convince a judge somewhere that anyone could possibly confuse the World Wildlife Fund and the World Wrestling Federation which led to the latter having to change its name to the asinine World Wrestling Entertainment. Anyway, I digress; the WWF’s “Earth Hour” is an effort to bring attention to climate change by having participants turn off all lighting and “non-essential” appliances for one hour during the last Saturday in March.

Besides the fact that climate change has been occurring on Earth for the billions of years of its existence and that there is no definitive (yes, that means scientific) proof of man-made (anthropogenic) climate change, it is of no matter to those faithful to the religion of global warming. “Earth Hour” may seem innocuous and a simple way to show your love for the planet that is both Al Gore and Captain Planet approved, but it is misguided. Turning off appliances is an implicit nod to the idea that humans are responsible for climate change and that their responsibility began with the industrial age.

My preference is to live in modern times and it is my belief that the advances the world has seen since the light bulb make our time miraculous and a blessing. If any of the hippies that participate in “Earth Hour” and faithfully follow the faked research “proving” man-made climate change wish to move to sub-Saharan Africa into a mud hut and be one with the land, they are free to do so. Advocating a meaningless, silly symbolic gesture is one thing and I can retaliate in the immature way mentioned above but the organizers of “Earth Hour”, “green” politicians and the advocate-scientists that have “proven” man-made climate change are attempting to convert new followers to keep their scam going and force the rest of us to live in a way conducive with cave men by taxing us to the point of poverty and banning everything that makes modern life possible.

And modern life was made possible by people like Thomas Alva Edison and I choose to counter “Earth Hour” with a tribute to his brilliance.

No comments: