Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Are there any adults left?

Ok, this is one of those posts wherein I feel the need to preface. I had a pet growing up and that Dog was a member of the family. I remember the day that he passed like it was yesterday even though it has been more than nine years. I adopted a puppy for my Mom about a year ago and my parents take him everywhere, spend $40 for haircuts and would do anything for him. He's a great pet.

The preface is that I believe that I can empathize with someone who has lost a pet. I believe that it can be an awful experience and I really feel for those who are looking for a lost pet.

I preface because this post is a little harsh on what I feel to be a delusional, sophomoric neighbor.

I saw this the other day on my way to the post office box:



At first glance, no big deal. A lost pet and a sign to ask for help. No big deal. If that was that. It wasn't. There was a second page just below the first, taking up the entire side of the mail box:



Yikes. That second part left the urge to call the numbers, do my best impression of Dr Evil and ask for "one hundred million dollars.....".

No comments: